Skincare Review: My Scheming 7-in-1 Brightening Essence Mask







My Scheming 7-in-1 Brightening Essence Mask

This is the 10-pack sheet mask from My Scheming, I previously tried out their Snail and Hydralonic Acid sheet mask of the same line (as a gift from someone visiting from Taiwan). As soon as I tried the first mask, I went out and brought the full size version. I probably should have waited to see how I liked it in the long run. I had 4 masks to tried, I should have used up all of those before buying the 10-pack.
Don't get me wrong, I do think this mask is quite good for the price and quality. The only thing that I found irritating after using a few of the these masks is that the essence that's left on my face would sometime turn into white particles when I rub my face. It seems like the essence of the sheet mask is not absorbing into the skin and it's creating a film on top of my skin, and when I use my hand to run my skin, there's white particles that comes off of it. I don't think the essence is in high quality, I bet it has a lot of chemical and that's why it doesn't absorb as easy. It's also strange because it doesn't always happen, that's why the first time I used the mask, I liked it and went out and brought the 10-pack. After using it a couple of times, I did realize that it does occur most of the time.
This mask isn't all bad, this cost about $10-13 canadian from T&T supermarket, which is very good for the price. The sheet mask material is actually really good, it's the thinnest sheet mask of the relatively cheap mask range that I have seem so far. When putting it on your face, you can barely see the sheet mask, it's almost transparent. Also, the amount of essence in the pack is outrages (not sure if it's high quality essence though). Even after taking out the sheet mask, there's still enough essence left to use on your body. I used it as body lotion.
Overall Review: 3/5, I still give it a 3 because I think other than the white particles problems, the sheet mask and the amount, quality, and price still makes it a really good product. Hey, you never know if it's because of my skin that I'm getting this, so I suggest trying it because you'll never know.


Comments